Invisible women: data bias in a world designed for men with Caroline Criado Perez
Caroline Criado Perez is a writer, journalist and feminist campaigner. She has written two books: Do It Like A Woman and Invisible Women. In her most recent book Invisible Women: Exposing Data Bias in a World Designed for Men she describes how very old data bias can affect women today. In this episode, Sheana learns about the different ways data bias is affecting women today, from trivial things such as phone size to not so trivial things such as seat belt safety. Caroline tells all this and more in this episode of Innovation For All Podcast.
In this episode you will learn:
- What is male default thinking?
- What are the consequences in tech?
- Why the market is so bad at providing for women?
- What is low hanging fruit for those of us who want to make money by providing solutions for women?
- A stove example of male default thinking.
- What can entrepreneurs and consumers do about these issues?
Get shownotes for this and every episode at innovationforallcast.com.
Did you enjoy this episode? Tag us on Twitter @inforallpodcast.--- Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/innovation-for-all/message Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/innovation-for-all/support