084: Getting over the fear of success
Do you have a fear of success? What about a fear of failure? Is fear in general holding you back from writing your book? We address all of that and more in this episode of the Indie Author Weekly podcast!
Today, we're responding to a listener comment about the fear of success... "When it comes to getting my writing out there, I’m more scared of success than failure."
If that's you, too, please know that you are not alone! Fear of success is super common—but there are strategies to overcome it. We also address another listener comment in today's episode: "If I wrote as honestly as I fantasize being able to do, I would be afraid of success, too. I’ve thought about writing under a penname. My concern is about being 100% about my thoughts and experiences, and what people would think. I only want to write with brutal honesty or not at all."
In this combination encouraging pep talk and practical strategies podcast episode, we'll get past your fear of failure, once and for all, so you can finally realize your dreams of becoming an author. TUNE IN to this episode to get that now...
Resources & links mentioned in this episode:
- Get podcast and book updates delivered to your inbox at SaganMorrow.com/behindthescenes .
- Learn more about all of Sagan's books at SaganMorrow.com/books .
- Get more focused and disciplined with Productivity Powerhouse at SaganMorrow.com/powerhouse .
- Episode 83 of the Indie Author Weekly podcast: how to fit "writing a book" into your schedule .
- Episode 81 of the Indie Author Weekly podcast: 3 tips for how to finish writing your book .
- Episode 7 of the Indie Author Weekly podcast: whether or not to use a pen name as an author .
- Tune into Indie Author Weekly on your favourite podcast platform at SaganMorrow.com/podcast .
- Subscribe, rate and review this podcast on Apple Podcasts .
Let's chat about this episode:
- @Saganlives on Twitter and Instagram .
- Hashtag: #IndieAuthorWeekly .
- Email email@example.com .
- Share your thoughts (or submit requests for future episode topics) in this survey at SaganMorrow.com/question
Support the show (https://saganmorrow.com/secretpodcast)