Potential Issues Encountered During Installation of Air and Weather-Resistive Barriers
By Karl Schaack
This article is from the May 2020 issue of IIBEC Interface, and is available on our website here: https://iibec.org/issues-encountered-with-barriers/.Links to References
- ASTM C1280-18, Standard Specification for Application of Exterior Gypsum Panel Products for Use as Sheathing.
- Gypsum Association Technical Bulletin GA-253, “Application of Gypsum Sheathing.”
- ASTM C1177, Standard Specification for Glass Mat Gypsum Substrate for Use as Sheathing.
- David L. Bowen, GA; and Steve Velten. “Not All Glass-Mat Sheathings are Created Equal.” Proceedings of the RCI Annual Convention & Trade Show. 2015.
- ASTM C90, Standard Specification for Loadbearing Concrete Masonry Units.
- ASTM D1970, Standard Specification for Self-Adhering Polymer Modified Bituminous Sheet Materials Used as Steep Roofing Underlayment for Ice Dam Protection.
- Karl Schaack. “Fasteners and Self-Sealability of Weather-Resistive Barriers.” RCI Interface. September 2014.