Leading with Love with Chance Stewart
The thing about leadership is it's hard to explain, but when you're in the midst of good leadership, everyone in the room can see it and feel it.
In this episode of the Transform Your Workplace podcast, guest Chance Stewart defines effective servant leadership and gives real and raw advice about how to know whether you’re actually leading or you’re simply “in charge.” The goal of this podcast: to do away with our preconceived notions and learn how to lead with love.
- Just because one holds a position of authority, that doesn’t necessarily mean that he or she is an effective leader.
- Authoritarian leaders may be missing the point by trying to manipulate teams into doing what they want instead of focusing on what the team needs.
- A genuine leader needs to be someone worth following.
- Leading with love means valuing relationships with those who follow you.
- Some of the best leaders don’t hold an “official” position of authority.
GUEST AT A GLANCE
Chance Stewart’s leading-with-love approach is informed by his grandfather, an ironworker who lived to love people. Chance’s grandfather taught him that if we're not taking care of people, then the rest of our efforts to “do something” in this world really don’t matter. As a servant leader and speaker on leadership development, Chance now carries on his grandfather’s legacy in both his personal and professional life. When it comes to the workplace, he’s passionate about helping organizations turn a culture of dysfunction into a culture of success.
Find out more about Chance Stewart and leading with love by going to his website, chancedstewart.com. You can also find him on LinkedIn, Instagram, and Facebook. He invites all of you to have a chat with him or send him a good meme.
A QUICK GLIMPSE INTO OUR PODCAST
🔊 Podcast: Transform Your Workplace, Sponsored by Xenium HR
🎙️ Host: Brandon Laws
📋 In his own words: “The Transform Your Workplace podcast is your go-to source for the latest workplace trends, big ideas, and time-tested methods straight from the mouths of industry experts and respected thought-leaders.”
Learn more about Xenium HR at xeniumhr.com