Tell Your Story
Welcome to How to Save Your Vacation Rental, a 10-part educational podcast series hosted by vacation rental advocate Dana Lubner that will teach you how to solve your business’ greatest looming threat -- unfair regulation -- from the ground up.
In this episode, you'll get an absolute masterclass on how to work with the media from Dana's secret weapon: Alex Lawson of Social Security Works. Dana, Alex and more industry voices also explore how telling your story can go beyond the media and have a direct effect on your relationships with government and community groups.
This episode is brought to you by TRACK powered by TravelNet Solutions, providing integrated solutions to transform the way vacation rental hospitality works.
Resources mentioned in the show:
- Expedia's government affairs contact: email@example.com
- Dana’s public contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- VRMB Communities: https://community.vrmb.com
- Social Security Works: https://socialsecurityworks.org
- Glossary of journalism terms: http://info.wsj.com/college/glossary/journalism.pdf
- We’re also grateful to Proper Insurance for helping us get the word out. Proper Insurance is the Nation’s leading short-term rental insurance provider. Their custom policy not only offers unmatched protection for your vacation home, furnishings, business income, and host liability, but also includes enhancements for unique short-term rental risks such as bed bugs and liability for guest amenities like bikes, kayaks, and hot tubs.
Thank you to our featured guests:
- Alex Lawson, Social Security Works
- Phil Minardi, Expedia Group
- Gregg Klein, Sonder
This episode was produced by VRMB Communities at Mangofish Studios. Our theme song is the ‘STR savior theme’ by DJ Andy Lubner