Welcome to How to Save Your Vacation Rental, a 10-part educational podcast series hosted by vacation rental advocate Dana Lubner that will teach you how to solve your business’ greatest looming threat -- unfair regulation -- from the ground up.
In this episode, we explore big ideas driving advocacy and the industry forward. We dive into regulation, taxation, OTAs, and antis. Dana also walks us through her new licensing initiative in Denver and her process for coming up with big ideas.
This episode is brought to you by TRACK powered by TravelNet Solutions, providing integrated solutions to transform the way vacation rental hospitality works.
Resources mentioned in the show:
- Expedia's government affairs contact: email@example.com
- Dana’s public contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- VRMB Communities: https://community.vrmb.com
- The Star Throwers: http://thestarthrowers.com/
- Rent Responsibly: https://www.rentresponsibly.org
- Vacation Rental Advocacy Playbook: https://www.vrmb.com/advocacy/
- Zoom Link to Dana's December 8th Presentation at 4PM MT: https://denvergov.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1ecf2f6b6d7a4c61a767ba5f5&id=a18b761456&e=455a4bc2a8
- We’d like to give a shout-out to Minut for helping get the word out. Minut is one of the leading privacy-safe smart home monitoring solution that tracks noise, motion and temperature, empowering hosts worldwide to keep their properties safe and neighbors happy.
Thank you to our featured guests:
- Jessica Black, Mom's Against STRs
- Phil Minardi, Expedia Group
- Dave Krauss, Rent Responsibly
- Eric Bay, ANP
- Darik Eaton, Seattle Oasis Vacation Rentals
- Claire Reiswerg, Sand and Sea
This episode was produced by VRMB Communities at Mangofish Studios. Our theme song is the ‘STR savior theme’ by DJ Andy Lubner