How viral content can trigger habit change at scale - with Victoria Repa (Founder & CEO - BetterMe)
My guest today is Victoria Repa. Victoria is the founder and CEO of BetterMe, a fitness app based out of Ukraine. I’m very excited to have Victoria on the show because she has such an incredibly unconventional background and story that I find very very inspiring. In this interview, we talk about Victoria’s early upbringing in a tiny village in the east of Ukraine, how she educated herself early on, her move to Kyiv, her transition from working on transportation logistics to technology, her work on viral content - and how that led her to building a company with global ambitions from Kyiv. We also explore her personal life and systems - which I find incredibly inspiring and intimidating for how she not only makes time and space for contemplation, but also finds this introspection essential to her work. What’s also incredibly inspiring is that she’s just 26 - and she brings to her life and work an intentionality that I find incredibly rare. I’m very excited to welcome Victoria Repa to How Things Grow.
- Victoria’s path from having zero experience in tech, to being CEO of a company behind the most-downloaded fitness and health apps
- How Victoria learned to craft viral content for one of the biggest content companies in the world.
- How Victoria leveraged Facebook insights to discover niche topics and launch BetterMe.
- How Victoria and her team ‘test-drove’ the early versions of the app by trying out the practices on themselves.
- Why BetterMe has 6 different health and fitness related apps in the appstores.
- Victoria’s self-care and self-improvement practices – and why she says business is a “spiritual game”.
Check out the full transcript and show notes here: