Created with Sketch.
22 minutes | Oct 20, 2021
60. Brian Fritton: "If you make it easy for attackers to find email addresses, they're gonna phish you."
Episode 60 of HIPAA Critical features an interview with Brian Fritton, CEO of Havoc Shield.
26 minutes | Oct 13, 2021
59. Aja Anderson: "If you don't have something that's actually examining your encrypted HTTPS traffic, you're missing 9 out of 10 instances of malware."
Episode 59 of HIPAA Critical covers the Paubox HIPAA Breach Report for October 2021 and other cybersecurity trends with guest Aja Anderson, Paubox Customer Success Manager.
23 minutes | Oct 6, 2021
58. Matt Cooper: "The eternal weakness is human error."
Episode 58 of HIPAA Critical includes an interview with Matt Cooper, Cybersecurity & Data Privacy Principal at Vanta.
16 minutes | Sep 22, 2021
57. Hoala Greevy: "It's a matter of sorting the data, training the data, and then using those new learnings to provide greater phishing detection."
Episode 57 of HIPAA Critical features an interview about AI with Paubox Founder CEO, Hoala Greevy.
12 minutes | Sep 15, 2021
56. Sara Sosa: "An informed team is an effective team."
Episode 56 of HIPAA Critical features an interview with Sara Sosa, Director of Information Services at Vista Care.
15 minutes | Sep 8, 2021
55. Aja Anderson: "It is frustrating to take the extra steps, yet it is keeping us safe."
Episode 56 of HIPAA Critical welcomes back Paubox Customer Success Manager, Aja Anderson, to discuss the findings of the Paubox HIPAA Breach Report for September 2021.
20 minutes | Sep 1, 2021
54. Jane Harper: "All organizations have some risks. Risk is inherent."
Episode 54 includes an interview with Jane Harper. Jane is the senior director, information security risk management and business engagement at Eli Lilly and Company.
17 minutes | Aug 18, 2021
53. Anshul Pande: "All of these changes brought about a new set of problems to solve and challenges as we implemented those technologies."
Episode 53 of the HIPAA Critical podcast features an interview with Anshul Pande, vice president and chief technology officer at Stanford Children's Health.
20 minutes | Aug 11, 2021
52. Aja Anderson: "No matter how tight your budget is you should routinely assess the risk of your systems."
Episode 52 of HIPAA Critical welcomes back Paubox Customer Success Manager, Aja Anderson, to discuss the findings of the Paubox HIPAA Breach Report for August 2021.
21 minutes | Aug 4, 2021
51. Dr. Eric Cole: "It's the same fundamental problem: we're not learning our lessons and keep repeating them over and over again."
Episode 51 of HIPAA Critical includes an interview with Dr. Eric Cole, a former CIA hacker and founder of Secure Anchor.Read the transcript here. More about Paubox: www.paubox.com
23 minutes | Jul 21, 2021
50. Fred Kwong: "Risk is a language that business understands."
Fred Kwong, CISO of Delta Dental is featured on episode 50 of HIPAA Critical.Read the full transcription here.
17 minutes | Jul 14, 2021
49. Aja Anderson: "This isn't unique to healthcare. This is happening in every industry."
Episode 49 covers the findings of the Paubox HIPAA Breach Report for July 2021. Aja Anderson, customer success manager at Paubox, joins the episode to discuss key trends, share insights, and give cybersecurity tips.
36 minutes | Jul 7, 2021
48. Todd Pang: "We had to do a lot of training and awareness building for what actually constitutes PHI."
Episode 48 of the HIPAA Critical Podcast includes an interview with Todd Pang, president and co-owner of Caring Manoa.
15 minutes | Jun 16, 2021
47. Jeff Karlsson: "The Biggest Threat That Our Customers Have Is Not Having a Contingency Plan."
The challenges of 2020 are still lingering in many industries we might be in a new year. But the effects of the covid-19 pandemic reach far and wide. The way we work and the way business operated changed dramatically and almost overnight. Jeff Karlsson is on today's episode. Jeff is the chief operating officer of Divergent Business Consulting, a Salesforce and financial consulting company. Jeff and Sierra Langston sit down to discuss the COVID-19 pandemic, how to force change across many industries, and emerging healthcare trends.
11 minutes | Jun 9, 2021
46. John Benbrook: "In Order to Safeguard That Sensitive Information, We Needed to Implement Encryption."
Elderly care organizations need to comply with HIPAA regulations and security rules, especially if they deal with their patient’s medications, doctors, or other sensitive information. What is the best way for these types of organizations to approach HIPAA compliance and secure data? How do we keep the most vulnerable members of our society safe from bad actors? John Benbrook, president of Oasis Senior Partners, and Paul Giovacchini, enterprise customer success manager at Paubox, join Sierra Langston on today’s episode to discuss HIPAA compliance training, assessing risk management, and unencrypted data vulnerabilities.
22 minutes | Jun 2, 2021
45. Greg Reber: "This Is the Biggest Information Breach That We've Ever Seen."
Cybersecurity protocols and practices will never be a one-size-fits-all solution. Different industries have different requirements for compliance. Healthcare has vague but vast security rules to follow under HIPAA. So how do organizations stay ahead of the cybersecurity curve?Greg Reber, Founder and CEO, of AsTech Consulting, is with us on today’s episode. He and Sierra Langston discuss the changes and challenges in cybersecurity, including implementing solutions that meet regulatory standards, the evolving threat landscape, and how information sharing is a key to the future of cybersecurity.
13 minutes | May 26, 2021
44. Jared Vinson: "It Started With a Phishing Attack, but It Ended With a Whole Mess of Other Things."
With more than 500 reported HIPAA breaches in the last year, why are healthcare organizations slow to update their cybersecurity protocols and technology stacks? Is it possible for the healthcare industry to get ahead of bad actors? Today, Sierra Langston speaks with Jared Vinson, director of cybersecurity at Hill Country Tech Guys on all things healthcare security, including phishing scams, best practices, and the aftermath of a HIPAA breach.
14 minutes | May 19, 2021
43. Michael Mead: "Training Is Not Just for HIPAA Security, but Cybersecurity."
The healthcare industry is slow to change and, at times, even slower to embrace innovation. Fax machines, patient portals, and complicated compliance solutions are everywhere. The challenges of these outdated and vulnerable technologies only make data breaches, HIPAA fines, and cybersecurity threats more prevalent. On today's episode, Sierra Langston and Michael Mead of The Medical Cost Savings Solution discuss HIPAA compliance, healthcare industry challenges, and unencrypted data transfers.
23 minutes | May 12, 2021
42. Bonnie Castonguay: "What We've Always Wanted Was the Ability for More Seniors to Have Access to Home Care."
Almost overnight, the pandemic changed telehealth and how our most vulnerable populations receive the medical care they desperately need. As many Americans start to take care of their aging parents at home or through an elder care center, they find navigating the complicated world of HIPAA and the American healthcare system to be confusing, expensive, and daunting. On today's episode, Paubox Founder and CEO, Hoala Greevy, interviews Bonnie Castonguay, co-founder of Ho'okele Health on the effects COVID-19 has on in-home care, the positive changes telehealth has brought to her clients and their families, and how easy Paubox has made HIPAA compliance for her company.
16 minutes | May 5, 2021
41. Eoin Gregory: "You Say the Word HIPAA, and Our Providers Cringe or Turn Their Brains off."
If you work in healthcare, you know what HIPAA is, but do you and your organization understand how to maintain HIPAA compliance regarding email security and encryption? Is HIPAA compliance a “one size fits all” situation? How do organizations keep their employees and their partners compliant and safe?Today Sierra Langston sits down with Eoin Gregory of Family Billing Solutions and Travis Taylor of Paubox to discuss email encryption, the HHS Wall of Shame, and how to keep your staff, partners, and yourself educated on the vague but vast world of HIPAA compliance.
Terms of Service
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
© Stitcher 2021