Created with Sketch.
Hi Everybody - A Bad Medicine Podcast
36 minutes | Dec 21, 2021
66. Futurama: Parasites Lost - Dr. Zoidberg - A Medical Corporation
Johnny and Dr. Jackson discuss S0302 "Parasites Lost," where worms make Fry graceful and intelligent. It's an amazing episode, but is it medically accurate? Not technically...
24 minutes | Dec 14, 2021
65. Sex and the City: And Just Like That - When In Rome - "Time is heart. Time is ball."
Of course we're going to talk about the Peloton incident! This week Johnny and Dr. Jackson discuss the medical accuracy of "When in Rome," the series premiere of And Just Like That, Sex and the City's sequel series.
36 minutes | Nov 30, 2021
64. Pete and Pete: Field of Pete - "A tiny bit of misinformation infects the whole team with nonsense"
Johnny and Dr. Jackson are joined by Dr. Greg Winter to discuss brain freeze and vaccine misinformation in "Field of Pete," S02E02 of Nickelodeon's "Pete and Pete." This episode was recorded before SDCC 2021 but wasn't able to be released until just after - sorry for any confusion!
50 minutes | Nov 25, 2021
63. Scrubs: My Lunch - "It's not first in, first out for organs."
We're back, joined by Dr. Greg Winter, to discuss "My Lunch," S05E20 of Scrubs. You know the episode - it's the one where something sad happens and they play that song by The Fray. There's a little bit of catching up and Covid discussion - we dive into the episode around ten minutes in. We'll also be appearing at San Diego Comic-Con: Special Edition on Saturday, November 27 at 3 PM in room 7AB! Join us for the Bad Movie Medicine Holiday Special!
53 minutes | Apr 13, 2021
62. Wondercon At Home: Parks and Rec & Bob's Burgers
For our Wondercon at Home panel, Johnny and Dr. Jackson are joined by Dr. Courtney Nicholas and Dr. Greg Winter to talk about situations seen in "Emergency Response," S05E13 of Parks and Recreation, and "The Kids Run the Restaurant," S03E20 of Bob's Burgers. A transcript of this episode is available at hiveverybodymd.com. You can see the video at https://youtu.be/fZh26vyc2Bk
47 minutes | Mar 30, 2021
61. Psych: Feet Don't Kill Me Now - "Everyone should visit the coroner"
Dry drowning isn't real. This week we're joined by Dr. Greg Winter to discuss Psych S0502, "Feet Don't Kill Me Now. The episode says dry drowning is real. It's wrong. Dry drowning isn't real.
37 minutes | Mar 16, 2021
60. Nip/Tuck: Cara Fitzgerald - "We're ethical. That's why a show about this podcast would be boring."
Johnny and Dr. Jackson discuss S01E08 of Nip/Tuck, "Cara Fitzgerald." We cover the ethics of doctor/patient confidentiality, the ethics of religious objections to treatment, the ethics of dating your patient... Basically everything these doctors do is unethical, making it good television.
38 minutes | Mar 2, 2021
59. Cobra Kai: Aftermath & Nature vs. Nurture - "Try to get that Babinski!"
Johnny and Dr. Jackson discuss the medical accuracy of the first two episodes of Cobra Kai Season Three, talking about spinal cord injuries, blood in your urine, and what happens when a med student misplaces their white coat and badge.
19 minutes | Feb 23, 2021
58. Arrested Development: My Mother, The Car - "The gauze is there so we know when they've recovered"
Johnny and Dr. Jackson discuss "My Mother, the Car," S01E08 of Arrested Development. Michael gets a concussion, Buster jumps through a window, and, as usual, there's not enough blood.
53 minutes | Feb 16, 2021
57. The Purge: Everything Is Fine - "Everything was NOT fine"
Johnny and Dr. Jackson are joined by Dr. Ashely Alker to discuss "Everything Is Fine," S02E02 of The Purge: The Series. Ashely is a medical consultant for film and television - including this very episode! Along with our normal discussion of the medical moments in the show, we chat with Ashely about how a medical consultant fits into the world of production. Find Dr. Ashely Alker on social media at @aalkermd or at www.ashelyalkermd.com
54 minutes | Feb 9, 2021
56. Resident Alien: Pilot & Homesick - " This is not medical OR bartending advice"
Johnny and Dr. Jackson discuss the first two episodes of Syfy's new series, "Resident Alien," where Alan Tudyk plays an alien playing a human doctor. Johnny loves the show. Jackson doesn't love the medicine. You can watch the first three episodes online at https://www.syfy.com/resident-alien/videos
44 minutes | Feb 2, 2021
55. The Simpsons: Little Big Mom - "Marvel's What If... Marge was Wolverine"
This week Johnny and Dr. Jackson discuss "Little Big Mom," S11E10 of The Simpsons. It's the "stupid sexy Flanders" episode, but more importantly, it's the one where Bart and Homer think they have leprosy. Did you remember that Homer and Bart thought they had leprosy? Because Johnny didn't!
32 minutes | Jan 26, 2021
54. The Office: Stress Relief - "It's a partial eclipse of the heart"
Johnny and Dr. Jackson discuss the finer points of life-saving, as depicted in "Stress Release Part 1," S05E14 of The Office. We've also put together a handy playlist of songs you can perform CPR to - it's at https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1OCYPqGaUYKTIcIqg0uLMp?si=2HJzFzY3R5WjL8w2t5Rhvw.
84 minutes | Jan 19, 2021
53. Code Black: We Plug Holes - "There's a spontaneous thoracotomy in Alien"
We're joined by Drs. Greg Winter and Scott Herskovitz to discuss the second episode of "Code Black." The show did one thing right - it was a great example of the way doctors in teaching hospitals actually have to teach. Having an ER resident perform a laparoscopic surgery unassisted? That's less accurate. Greg recommended a book called "The Knife and Gun Club," which can be found on Amazon at https://amzn.to/3bTLCWE
55 minutes | Jan 6, 2021
52. Evil: Room 320 "An evil nurse, but also just a bad nurse." - Updated
Johnny and Dr. Jackson are joined by Dr. Greg Winter to discuss Evil S01E11, "Room 320." This episode features a homicidal nurse - but she's not a great nurse. And it's not a great hospital. And it's not a great murder method. The original file cuts out before the end of the episode - this has been corrected.
24 minutes | Dec 29, 2020
51. Happy Endings: Blax, Snake, Home - "The characters recognized there wasn't enough blood"
It's a bite-sized episode to take out 2020! Johnny and Dr. Jackson discuss the first minute of the "Happy Endings" season two premiere, "Blax, Snake, Home." It's got an allergic reaction, a stabbing, AND all the oysters you can shuck - what's not to like?
37 minutes | Dec 22, 2020
50. The Bob Newhart Show: Bob's Christmas Tonsillectomy - "Please play 'Hi Bob' responsibly
In our Christmas Week Hohohocember episode, Johnny and Jackson discuss "Bob Has to Have His Tonsils Out, So He Spends Christmas Eve in the Hospital," a season 4 episode of "The Bob Newhart Show" where Bob has to have his tonsils out, so he spends Christmas Eve in the hospital. Yes, that's the actual title.
72 minutes | Dec 15, 2020
49. Home Alone 2: Lost in New York - "Kevin's first kill is three minutes in"
Two bumblin' thieves head to New York, where they die brutally at the hands of pre-teen sociopath. Johnny and Dr. Jackson are joined by Dr. Courtney Nicholas and Dr. Greg Winter to discuss the myriad of injuries and emotional scars inflicted in Home Alone 2: Lost in New York.
40 minutes | Dec 8, 2020
48. Scrubs: My Own Personal Jesus - "Neurologists don't like you punching patients"
Happy Hohohocember! This week we're discussing Scrubs S01E11 "My Own Personal Jesus," which does a great job depicting what it's like to work in a hospital around the holidays and what it's like when a patient elopes.
32 minutes | Dec 1, 2020
47. The League: The Funeral - "You can't get pregnant from an air raid"
Dr. Jackson and Johnny discuss Ruxin's stroke in FX's "The League." Is there anything The Shiva CAN'T do?
Terms of Service
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
© Stitcher 2022