Immigrant Finance: How to Overcome its Barriers | HDM 263
It’s possible for a Latinx immigrant to build wealth? Yes! You have probably been through anxiety, stress, or frustration with all the barriers for immigrants in the financial system, and the lack of ready accessible information. Regardless of whether you are an immigrant, an undocumented Latinx, or if you have some kind of temporary or pending status, you can build wealth on your financial journey, it is within your reach. It’s time to advocate for yourself.
In this episode, Adina Appelbaum, a nonprofit immigration attorney, and financial coach, shares with us her interest in helping Latinx immigrants and why she became an immigration attorney. She shares the most frequently asked questions from Latinx immigrants, and how building wealth is within their reach.
What you'll hear about in today's episode:
- How Adina’s interest to become an immigration attorney came to be.
- Two major barriers impacting Latino immigrants and their finances.
- Most frequently asked questions from Latinx immigrants.
- How building wealth is possible for undocumented Latinos.
- What Latino immigrants should know about finances.