Heart of Dad - Season 3 Episode 12 Marc Siles
Marc works as Executive Coach & Agile Strategy Facilitator.
He dedicates his passion and energy to enable companies to accelerate their strategic growth, leveraging agile frameworks to create a collective-learning culture.
He is a former Senior Executive, investor, and a disruptive thinker, and he has mentored and trained teams around the globe; focusing mainly on deploying strategies in a disruptive way and training teams to develop a growth-mindset culture.
The result is the creation of self-autonomous high-performance teams that drive innovative leadership capabilities to accelerate growth.
Marc is a dad of 1.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Quitting the corporate world and building his own business
- Making a choice to stay in Finland to be close to his daughter after his relationship ended
- Having a values crisis that led him away from the corporate world
- Writing your own funeral speech as a way of creating his vision
- Focusing on what kind of father he wants to be
- His burnout experience at 30
- The turning point, when he realised he couldn't be the dad he wanted to
- Redesigning his life from scratch
- The bigger the struggle, the more glorious the triumph
- Being present with his daughter and others in his life
- The Dead Sea and the Gallilean Sea story - allowing the river of thought to flow to stay present
- The oneness he felt with his daughter and his choice to stay in Finland after divorce
- The grounding effect of being a Mediterranean man living in the north
- Seeing his dad speaking when he was child as a key moment of inspiration for how we can influence others for the good
- The positive impact of his grandparents on his life view and carrying his ancestors' legacy into the world
- Deeper connection with oneness as the source of all creativity and inner peace
- Drawing out his life plan, aged 7 - never doubting that he would be ok, inspite of the fear of the friction that our egos create in life
- Exploring the nature of life with his daughter
- Focusing on what really matters in your life - juggling rubber balls vs crystal balls
You can find more about him at https://www.themindsetstrategist.com/
You can follow his podcast called Coaching Talks Podcast in all major platforms like iTunes (https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/coaching-talks-podcast-with-marc-siles/id1437812789) or Spotify (https://spoti.fi/2wf0p8m.)
Join us in our community at: www.facebook.com/groups/heartofdad and apply to be on the podcast here: www.heartofdad.com/contact