063: Marcia Barnes | Why Love, Service, and Leadership Go Hand in Hand
Truth You Can Act On:
- Get Permission to Lead. Don’t assume people are ready. Building trust and building relationships with people take time - this doesn’t happen overnight.
- Serve Your People. What can you do for your people? Take time to listen to your employees and follow up on what you heard. People want to follow selfless servant leaders.
- Small Deposits Make an Impact. Know your people’s names, write notes, and remember what others share with you. It’s the little things that help people know you care.
Full Show Notes:
- The Maxwell Leadership Bible by John C. Maxwell
- Emplify – Are you still using pulse surveys? How about annual questionnaires? If your organization relies on either of these, it’s time to discover Emplify. Emplify has created a new way to measure employee engagement. It’s where CEOs who want to know what’s really happening within a workforce go… to get honest feedback… and to understand what needs to change for people to love their work using simple and trustworthy data.