36 - When Not Hiring Is The Best Move with Brandi Mowles
In this episode of the Growing Your Team podcast, we’re talking about not hiring.
Wait! Hold up a minute! Are we really talking about not hiring on a podcast designed to help small businesses find and manage their ideal team members?
Yes, we are.
Why? Because sometimes hiring is not the right move – even though you feel overwhelmed.
Brandi Mowles is an expert on growing online service-based businesses to 10K without hiring, and today she’s sharing her tips on how you can do the same.About Brandi Mowles:
Brandi is a mom, wife, podcast host and helps online service-based entrepreneurs scale to 10K months without hiring a team. She is dedicated to helping small online businesses define their own success and take the complexity out of business so they can focus on the things that truly matter in life. When Brandi isn’t helping online businesses scale you can find her spending days at the beach with her husband and daughter.In this Episode You’ll Hear:
- The four needle-moving buckets that you need to focus on when you’re scaling a business. (6:33)
- Why you don’t want to invest in software before you know your ideal process. (8:35)
- Why it’s smart to give up on vanity metrics and move your focus to revenue-driven metrics. (10:54)
- It’s all about the money! Why charging the right, and probably higher price, is going to allow you to scale your business and how to use the Social Proof Pricing Method. (14:24)
- What made Brandi realize that she could no longer scale without a team and that it was time to hire. (19:02)
- Why you need to hire for very specific roles and not a generalist of tasks. (23:43)
- The one thing Brandi puts on all her job postings to help her narrow down her candidate pool. (25:41)
- Why hiring is required if you want to scale your business past a certain point – you can’t do it all yourself! (29:03)
- The next steps for Brandi’s evolving team. (33:47)