24 - How to Make Sure All Team Members Feel Important and Motivated with Peter Masone
As you start to grow your team, you will notice that there are two types of team members within your business; those who work directly with your customers and those who function behind the scenes. Both are essential to moving your business forward and serving your clients, but the one set gets no external recognition because the customer doesn’t really know they are there.
However, as the business owner, you know that both types of team members are important to your company’s success and that the show cannot go on without either set. The question is, how do you ensure all team members feel valued and motivated?
Peter Masone is very familiar with this problem. From a background in theater and stage music, to 20 years in the construction industry, to now the General Manager of a sports team, the Tampa Bay Cannons, Peter knows how essential the behind-the-scenes team is to the final product. In this episode of the Growing Your Team podcast, Peter shares his tips on how to build a team from the ground up and how to keep all team members feeling like they are essential, no matter their role.
About Peter Masone:
Peter Masone started his career with 10 years behind the scenes in the stage music, theatrical and studio entertainment world. He then transitioned into the construction industry for 20 years as a project manager. Today, he is the General Manager of the Tampa Bay Cannons, advocate for women in sports and steward of the Tampa Bay community.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- How the lessons learned from one industry can make someone better team member or manager when they transition to another industry.
- Why relationship building should always be your number one priority as a business owner and leader.
- How to keep your backend team motivated and feeling like their contributions are valuable even when they are not receiving customer recognition for the end product.
- Why, as a small business owner, you should not be afraid to roll up your sleeves and job into the work as you’re growing your team.
- How supporting charities or becoming involved in the community can positively impact your team’s drive.
- Why being a functional team within your business is essential for business success.
- How to build the team you need versus the team you want.
- Why you need to stop the habits of doing everything yourself and start delegating to your team.
How to Connect with Peter Masone:
Twitter, FB, IG, LinkedIn, TikTok & YouTube: @TampaBayCannons
Is a lack of time holding you back from scaling your business?
You dream of the days when you can focus on your zone of genius instead of being stuck doing all the things, and, you long for working fewer hours while still being able to grow your revenue.
You might think that long hours and being overworked is just a part of owning a business, but it’s actually a sign that you need to hire help.
Of course, hiring any new team member is a big step, and you most likely have questions.
It’s time for you to get the answers.
Schedule your Preparing to Hire session, let’s will dig into your business and determine:
– If it’s the right time for your business to hire a new team member
– What tasks you should get off your plate first to give you back the time you need and produce the best financial ROI
– The roles and responsibilities of the new team member so you can be clear and confident on who to hire
– Whether you should hire a contractor (like a VA or Social Media Manager), or a part-time or full-time employee
Learn more and schedule your session today: Preparing to Hire