20 - Why Employees Quit and How You Can Get Them To Stay with Francesca Deane
Like many small business owners, you were probably once an employee. And, chances are, you at one point felt undervalued and lost your motivation to keep working hard for your boss.
Many of us have stories about why we left corporate and started our own business. For those of us who left because of a bad manager or leadership, we need to strive for one thing: to be the boss we wish we had. We have a choice about whether we show our team members that they are valued or whether we are the reason they quit.
In this episode of the Growing Your Team podcast, Francesca Deane is sharing her story about what made her want to leave her corporate job and how you can do things better as a small business owner.
About Francesca Deane:
Francesca Deane is an international health and mindset coach. She’s the founder of "Fit Healthy Into Your Busy Life", a mindset and lifestyle transformation movement to help high-achieving busy women make themselves a priority and fit a healthy lifestyle into their busy schedules so they can find balance and achieve the energy, mental focus, and confidence they need to move to the next level.
Francesca is Italian, a mom to two little boys and a passionate sugar-free baker. After working for over 8 years in corporate finance for top-tier multinational companies in Rome and London, Francesca moved to New York City and left a well-established career to pursue her mission: help busy women streamline and enhance their routines, turn overwhelm into empowerment and live their lives to their full potential.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- How feeling under-valued as an employee made Francesca leave working for top-tier companies and start her own business. (3:51)
- Why the "If broke, don't fix it" mentality doesn't work when you have a team. (7:56)
- Why telling your employees "No" too often leads to good team members quitting and you being left with unmotivated team members. (10:27)
- How stifling innovation can lead to bankruptcy. (11:23)
- How to be open to team member suggestions when it's YOUR ideas and methods they want to change. (13:53)
- What to do when an employee approaches you with a bad idea. (16:50)
- Why the 40 hour or more workweeks can make employees feel that their work is not valued. (19:09)
- How hiring a team can help you live a healthier life. (27:54)
Learn more about motivating employees in Ep12 - One of the Best Ways to Retain Your Team Members
Do you have questions about anything mentioned in this episode? Or, do you want support and encouragement as you hire and lead your perfect-fit team?
Join the Growing Your Team Facebook community!
The group is designed to provide you support as you grow and manage the team that will save you time and earn you and your business more.
With the support of Jamie and other small business owners in the group, you can grow the team you both need and deserve.How to Connect with Francesca Deane:
Subscribe and Review:
Have you subscribed to the Growing Your Team podcast yet? If not, subscribe today so you never miss a future episode.
I have so much information to share with you. Plus, I have a long line of guests who you will not want to miss!
Also, if you have not done so yet, please leave a review! By leaving a review, you help other small business owners find this podcast and give them the knowledge to grow and lead their team members.