17 - Why Being Transparent Will Make You a Better Leader
One way to become a better leader is to be transparent with your team.
While we can't always tell our teams everything, there are so many opportunities to build trust through transparency. Trust leads to dedicated workers who see the business's success as their success.
In this episode of the Growing Your Team podcast, you'll hear why being transparent makes you a better leader at all times, but it's even more important right now as the world deals with the Coronavirus.
Disclaimer: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that if you choose to make a purchase through the links provided, I will earn This commission comes at no additional cost to you.In this episode, you'll hear:
- Why being transparent with your team right now is going to make a huge impact. (1:59)
- The difference between being transparent and being seen as not put together. (2:55)
- Why you need to build trust with your team members and how being transparent helps you build that trust. (4:48)
- How we all have emotions and we cannot ignore them if we want to be great business owners and be a better leader. (8:28)
- Why you need to be vulnerable and transparent even when your business is not in a negative space. (9:00)
- The difference between being vulnerable and being self-serving. (9:40)
- How you can start being transparent today. (10:59)
In this episode, the book Dare to Lead by Brene Brown is mentioned.
Grab your copy on Amazon today.
Do you want support and encouragement as you hire and lead your perfect-fit team?
Join the Growing Your Team Facebook community! With the support of Jamie and other small business owners, you can grow a business that’s bigger than you!
Subscribe and Review:
Have you subscribed to the Growing Your Team podcast yet? If not, subscribe today so you never miss a future episode.
I have so much information to share with you. Plus, I have a long line of guests who you will not want to miss!
Also, if you have not done so yet, please leave a review! By leaving a review, you help other small business owners find this podcast and give them the knowledge to grow and lead their team members.