12 - One of the Best Ways to Retain Your Team Members
Long-term, engaged team members. It's one of the top things small business owners want when they start building their teams.
If you're going to take the time to hire someone, train someone, and learn to trust someone, it only makes sense that you would want them around for the long-haul.
How can you accomplish this? Many factors go into your ability to retain your team members. In this episode of the Growing Your Team podcast, we are going to review one of the top things you can do to retain your team members.In this episode, you'll hear:
- How listening to your team members is one of the top ways to retain talent (1:14)
- Why you might resist accepting your team members ideas as a small business owner (1:24)
- The top three actions to take when a team member suggests a change or implementing something new (2:12)
- How not feeling valued led an employee to leave her job (3:35)
- A personal story about how giving someone else's ideas a chance led to me finding exactly what I wanted (4:26)
- What you should do when saying no to your team members is the right decision and an example of how it can keep team members engaged (8:26)
Do you want support and encouragement as you hire and lead your perfect-fit team?
Join the Growing Your Team Facebook community! With the support of Jamie and other small business owners, you can grow a business that’s bigger than you!Subscribe and Review:
Have you subscribed to the Growing Your Team podcast yet? If not, subscribe today so you never miss a future episode.
I have so much information to share with you. Plus, I have a long line of guests who you will not want to miss!
Also, if you have not done so yet, please leave a review! By leaving a review, you help other small business owners find this podcast and give them the knowledge to grow and lead their team members.