World Food Day & Climate - Robin Currey, Sustainable Food Systems, Prescott College
"Plant-based diets are better for the planet....but meat is not necessarily to blame for climate change." Robin Currey on Green Connections Radio
As we face climate week at the U.N. this week, one of the more delicate issues is the threat that climate change poses to our food supply and in turn, the way our current food systems exacerbate climate change.
So it's a great time to hear from a food systems expert and get the facts. Listen to Robin Currey, Faculty Director of Sustainable Food Systems at Prescott College address these issues with Green Connections Radio host Joan Michelson in this in-depth interview.
You'll learn about:
- how the current way we get our food - our food systems - can make climate change worse.
- how climate change is endangering our food supply
- the facts about "organic" foods and how they can help the rest of the food supply
- 3 tips for eating to aid mitigation of climate change (instead of make it worse).
- And great career tips!
"Pay attention to the people around you, and listen to what they see in your career." Robin Currey on Green Connections Radio
You'll also want to listen to:
- Gabrielle Rubenstein, CEO & CoFounder, Manna Tree Partners, on transforming our food supply
- Barbara Whye, Intel, VP of HR and Diversity Chief
- Cindy Lubber, CEO of Ceres on mobilizing business sustainability
- Rawlings Miller, of WSP, on specific tips for a climate resilience plan
- Beth Colleton, former Chief Sustainability Officer, NBCUniversal and NFL
Thank you for subscribing to Green Connections on Apple Podcasts or iHeartRadio and leaving us a review!
Also, join our Private Facebook Group and share your insights!
Join our mailing list to stay up to date on the top podcasts!
Reach us on Twitter @joanmichelson