Journey of a Diversity & Inclusion Strategist: Power of One Framework Success Story
This is a question that our guest today gets quite often, considering such a position hasn't been around for that long. Yet, we have seen how this is such a hot and important topic, particularly over the last year. Additionally, she didn't follow the traditional route that most D&I strategists take, working in the world of corporate finance for over 10 years before learning about leadership coaching and getting her master's and coach's certification.
Today's guest, Kneisha Sanders, isn't just another guest on my show, she's also been one of my clients who through the use of the Power of One Framework™ , created her own framework, uDecide Framework™, which is the most effective 5 step career navigation solution for leading corporations. She's served as a Master Coach for General Electric (GE) Company - coaching at all levels of the organization across multiple industries and countries and is the author of The Fruit of a Spirit-Led Leader. She also became an International Coaching Federation (ICF) accredited coach at the Professional Certified Coach (PCC) level - over 500 hours coaching!
So as you can see, she knows her stuff! In this episode, we delve into her journey of creating this framework and what it means for a company to actually care about diversity and inclusion in their workplace.
This episode is jam-packed full of great ideas, so let's get to it!
Learn Why You Should Always Follow God's Calling In Any Season Of Your Life...
- [05:01] Kneisha shares her story of working in corporate America before transitioning to become a D&I strategist and coach
- [09:57] What is D&I in the corporate world? - What does it mean?
- [12:59] What happens when a company isn't actually diverse or inclusive?
- [15:48] How Kneisha navigates though D&I in the corporate world using a biblical perspective
- [21:28] Why assumptions will always hurt you in the end - Don't do it!
- [27:02] Her biggest breakthrough - This is really a wow moment!
- [32:34] What it meant to her to finally see her framework come to life and on her website
- [39:09] Departing wisdom to those thinking of starting a business or just started
Important Links & Mentions in this episode:
- Kneisha's Website
- Position to Thrive Workshop
- Learn more about Christian CEO Learning Hall
- Subscribe + Review on iTunes
- Subscribe + Listen on Spotify
Remember, YOU Matter! See you in the next episode.