Are shifting Independent Contractor Regulations, Heightened Enforcement & Lawsuits the end for Uber? Will it be the end of the Gig economy? Should Independent contractors be allowed to choose how they work and not have the government regulating work so heavily or is Uber making money (thought hey have never turned a profit) off the backs of their drivers?
The looming deadline in California is going to force Uber and Lyft to make some large changes to their business very very soon.RESOURCES
Previous Episodes of Get Legit
- Ep 4 - AB5 and Content Creators
- Ep 5 - AB5 Everything Else
- Ep. 12 - Contractor v. Employee
- Ep. 18 - Uber Strikes Back
- Ep. 44 - Lawyers talk Independent Contractors
- Even if Uber rides come to a stop in California, Uber Eats still has a green light
- Massachusetts sues Uber, Lyft over driver status as contractors
- Uber Hit With $650 Million Employment Tax Bill in New Jersey
- An Uber and Lyft shutdown in California looks inevitable — unless voters bail them out
- Uber, Lyft want to defy California's gig economy law. The state should call their bluff.
- Uber and Lyft Consider Franchise-Like Model in California
- Judge Grants Preliminary Injunction Against Uber, Lyft, Regarding AB 5
If you want me to cover a particular story or situation please contact the show at GetLegit@emilydbaker.com
Come hang with me on social! I want to chat with you in the Get Legit Community Facebook Group !!