Episode 67 - My Evening and Morning Routine!
Hopefully you can learn and take a few things from my evening and morning routine to help optimize your health!
My evening routine
- Walk after dinner
- Walking after eating can help digestion, blood sugar, heart health, weight loss, and sleep.
- No devices at least an hour before bed or if you need to do work at night wear blue light blocking glasses
- A 2017 study done by the University of Houston found that participants wearing the glasses showed about a 58% increase in their nighttime melatonin levels. “By using blue blocking glasses we … can improve sleep and still continue to use our devices. That’s nice, because we can still be productive at night,” said Lisa Ostrin, PhD, a professor at the university’s College of Optometry, according to a university news release.The American Academy of Ophthalmology takes a different approach. “You don’t need to spend extra money on blue light glasses to improve sleep -- simply decrease evening screen time and set devices to night mode,” the group says.
- Sleep meditation (10 - 20 minutes before bedtime)
- 10% Happier - Oren Jay Sofer
- Light Infrared Sauna Session
- Recent studies by the NIH (national institute of health) have linked infrared therapy with improved sleep quality. It does this in a few ways. First, it calms and relaxes us, making it easier for us to fall asleep after a stressful day. Second, infrared therapy uses red light, which in turn causes your body to produce melatonin. The more melatonin your body creates before bed, the easier it will be to fall and stay asleep.
Morning Routine (wake up 10-15 minutes earlier to get started)
- Morning walk - get natural sunlight and create positive momentum going forward to lead a productive day.
- Read 10 minutes a day or pick a new hobby (music, art…)
- Learning to play a musical instrument provides a peaceful retreat from the pressures of daily life. Therapeutic outcomes of playing music include better communication skills, improved emotional release, and decreased anxiety and agitation.1 Musical training promotes cognitive function, mental health, and a connection to others.
- Movement Prep for the day (cat / cow, downdog, pigeon...etc)
- Fill out Gratitude Journal
- Showing gratitude means you are acknowledging the goodness in your life and by writing these things down you are able to feel more positive emotions, relish good experiences, and build strong relationships. A recipe for a much happier life! Researchers have found that people who write about gratitude are more optimistic and feel better about their lives in general.
If you love the Get Lean Eat Clean Podcast, we’d love for you to subscribe, rate, and give a review on iTunes. Until next time!
X3 Bar: Variable Resistance Technology allows for a full body workout in only 10 minutes! Use discount code "Save50" for $50 off your purchase! | https://www.anrdoezrs.net/click-100286468-13650338
Interested in becoming a Keto Coach - Here's a certification for you!
| Listen to the Get Lean Eat Clean Podcast |
| Connect with Brian |
►Website | https://www.briangryn.com
►Instagram | https://www.instagram.com/bdgryn
►Facebook | https://www.facebook.com/getleanandeatclean
►Twitter | https://twitter.com/grynnerwinner