77. A Best-of-Breed Approach to Intelligent Automation
An Age-old Debate Enters the Automation Space
In the world of software, the “Best-of-Breed” versus “Best-in-Suite” debate has raged on for years across most technology solution categories. Intelligent automation has now entered the fray, as larger technology companies have started attempting to add RPA capabilities through acquisition and some RPA players have started attempting to build out their own intelligent skills / cognitive services.
On this episode, Blue Prism’s Brad Hairston talks with Pete Koltis, a Managing Director from the global advisory Alvarez & Marsal, who explains why it is important for companies to carefully consider the way they build out their intelligent automation footprint and what lessons can be applied from other technologies that have gone through this debate.
Here’s what we talked with Pete about:
* The way companies buy technology solutions and how this has changed over time
* Reasons why companies utilize a Best-of-Breed approach
* Challenges associated with a Best-of-Breed approach that must be managed carefully
* The impact of a Best-of-Breed approach on risk mitigation
* How a Best-of-Breed approach can improve/streamline the end-to-end automation cycle
* Some best practices for utilizing a Best-of-Breed approach to optimize intelligent automation