339: How GT Dave Started A $1Billion Kombucha Empire From His Bedroom
In this interview, Nathan Chan sits down with GT Dave, Founder and CEO of GT'S Living Foods. GT discusses how he built a $1B empire from his bedroom and his journey of being the first seller of Kombucha in the United States.
In this interview, GT Dave discusses how he first began selling Kombucha, entering the market with a completely new category of product, and the challenges he faced in educating the market on what his product was.
GT Dave is a firm believer in passion before profit, and his integrity and commitment to health shine through as he discusses his childhood and nutrition, how Kombucha helped his mother through medical issues, and the proven benefits of Kombucha.
With a personal net worth estimated at $1Billion, GT Dave’s journey will inspire you to follow your passion and begin building your future, today. Key Takeaways
- How GT Dave found an interest in Kombucha and how he began marketing it
- Launching his company from his bedroom, and selling his product using his Dad’s Amex card
- The challenge of entering the market with a new product and how he went about educating others on an unfamiliar health beverage
- How GT Dave helped Kombucha to become the global trend it is today
- GT Dave’s commitment to passion over profit, and what health means to him
- The importance of validating your product and communicating with consumers
- His key advice to those who are just getting started, and the questions you need to ask yourself