336: Starting a Business During a Crisis with the founder of Alpha and Strata, Thor Ernstsson
Meet Thor Ernstsson.
The founder of global giants such as Alpha, Strata, and lead architect for Zygna responsible for Farmville, Ernstsson knows business and products.
In this interview, Nathan sits down with Ernstsson to discuss his journey from Zynga game developer, to creating a company that serves half of the Fortune 500. Honest and candid, Ernstsson reveals his decision-making processes behind some of the company's largest pivots, changes, and challenges.
While most people would shy away from the idea of launching a business during a global crisis, Ernstsson is perhaps living proof that not only is it a good decision, it’s the best business decision one can make. Key Takeaways
- Thor Ernstsson discusses how he first began working at Zygna, and how he felt about the global success of Farmville
- His next business ventures, including Alpha and Strata
- Why he decided to pivot the company
- The importance of “now”, and why starting a business during a crisis is a good idea
- The decision to launch a business that aimed to connect people, while it was the start of the pandemic
- How to change the world, and why you should always aim to solve a problem that won’t change
- The importance of customers and why they need to be invested in your business’ success