334: What This Tech Pioneer Is Betting On Next | Matt Mullenweg Of Wordpress
As someone who has pioneered the tech industry with his open-source software, and boasts 38% of the internet using his product, Matt Mullenweg is still one of the most humble and inspiring entrepreneurs we’ve ever met.
In this insightful interview, Mullenweg discusses the biggest challenges faced by companies today, and the importance of looking after your team and people. As a company that has operated remotely since it’s beginnings, Mullenweg stresses the importance of team-building, and why he took his entire company to Disneyland.
Mullenweg touches on some key issues faced by entrepreneurs the worldover - chronic dissatisfaction in progress, and that whatever you do is never enough. He says instead of saying to yourself that it’s not enough, entrepreneurs need to say “it is enough, and there’s more to do!”
From the acquisition of powerhouses such as Tumblr, WooCommerce, and his dedication to supporting others, Mullenweg discusses his life’s plan to create as much open-source software as possible and encourage creativity across the globe.
This interview will leave a smile on your face and give you the motivation and drive to work towards a better future for all. Key Takeaways
- How Mullenweg founded WordPress, and operating as a remote-working business in the early 2000s
- Mullenweg’s beliefs on company culture and the importance of in-person team-building activities especially for remote workers
- The future of the office and why he believes it will be obsolete post-Covid
- Mullenweg reveals that as an angel investor, the key things he looks for in a business or founder
- The future of web development and WordPress
- The biggest challenges faced by companies today and the importance of looking after your team and people
- Chronic dissatisfaction as a founder and why needs to become a more positive drive