Lead to Win Spotlight: Avoid These 3 Communication Fails
You’ve got a big vision for your business and you’re building a team to get you there. But where two or three people are gathered, there’s bound to be some misunderstanding. No matter how hard you work at it, you wind up having to repeat yourself. That costs time and wastes momentum. Why does communication have to be so hard?
Actually, it doesn’t. Nearly every communication breakdown can be traced back to one of three problems. Avoid them, and your team will get the message the first time, every time. And you’ll gain even greater clarity about what you want for your business.
In this episode, you’ll discover—
- The Clarity Grid—and how you can use it to assess and revive your communication.
- Some of the most frequent meeting mishaps and their implications on team morale.
- A clear path to the most important component of a healthy culture.
- What you must do if you want predictable results.
- How to avoid pitfalls related to communication shortcuts.
- Why the “curse of knowledge” is so damaging.
- How to save yourself (and your team) from embarrassing situations.
This episode of Focus on This is brought to you by the new Full Focus Kids and Full Focus Students planner, available for preorder now. Learn more at fullfocusplanner.com/preorder.