#60: How to Share Ideal Weeks with Your Partner
You’ve mapped out your ideal week, but it never happens—and it’s hard not to blame your partner, spouse or roommate. It seems like you can never get on the same page, and that’s a problem when your lives are so intertwined. The miscommunication and foiled plans are creating tension that’s driving you crazy.
We’ve been there, and we’ve got good news. The problem isn’t a person. It’s your plan. You can collaborate to create a shared ideal week that helps both people experience success and feel supported. All you have to do is follow four straightforward steps.
When you do, you’ll stop having your ideal week derailed and start experiencing the benefits of designing your days. And, you’ll overcome the relational disconnect and finally feel like you and your partner are on the same team again.
In this episode, you’ll discover—
- How to identify and communicate the most important parts of your ideal week
- Why prioritizing your partner is key to mutual support
- What question to ask when your ideal week is in conflict with your partner’s
- Why you should treat integrating your ideal weeks like an experiment
- How to improve your shared ideal week over time
This episode of Focus on This is brought to you by Michael Hyatt's Countdown to 2021. Join this exclusive newsletter and free community of like-minded achievers who are committed to turning 2020's disappointments into 2021's greatest successes. Learn more at fullfocusplanner.com/countdown.