EER126: Family RV Travel in Europe with Kids — Motorhome Travel in the EU
Family RV travel in Europe...with kids? Why not? In today's episode of Epic Education Radio, we talk exploring Europe by motorhome, while homeschooling and building a business along the way!
Like what you’re hearing?
Then please subscribe, rate & review Epic Education Radio.
We would be extremely grateful!
iTunes is a search engine as well, and so when you rate and review us, you help others find us. Thank you!
Family RV Travel in Europe with Kids
Many people want to explore Europe with kids. Many others want to try RV travel in Europe. For Will and Jessica Suero, they combined the two to have the best (and the rest) of both worlds!
A lot has happened to the Sueros since we last talked in 2016. After living in Costa Rica and Ecuador, they were planning to move to France. Fast forward to today, and they've left their home in France, and have begun to settle into RV travel in Europe with kids. For the next two years!
Homeschooling & Building a Business while Living in an RV
What's it like homeschooling a teen and a tween *and* building a business...all while living in an RV in Europe? According to Jessica, it can sometimes be "a hot mess," she says with a laugh. There's a lot going on in such a small space, adds Will. RV travel in Europe is fun, he says, but living in a motorhome in Europe while working and schooling is a challenge. "What works today may not work tomorrow," he says.
In this episode of Epic Education Radio, we discuss how they manage motorhome travel in Europe, including working, schooling, parenting, and gear.
Listen in! And please share!
IN THIS EPISODE
- 2:36 Intro
- 3:37 In 4th years what’s different now
- 7:49 The pride & shame of kids as translators
- 13:32 Tips & Routines for RV Travel in Europe with Kids
- 23:13 Work & building a business
- 35:43 Education
- 41:12 Parenting teens & tweens
- 51:59 Travel gear
- 1:03:00 Destinations
- Names: Will & Jessica Suero, their daughter Avalon (13) and son, Largo (10)
- Hold passports from: USA
- Type of travel: Living abroad, slow travel, long-term travel and RV travel
- A few places they've been: Lived in Costa Rica, Ecuador, and France, now on a 2-year RV trip through Europe
IN THEIR BAGS
- 3 MacBook Pro’s, 1 Macbook
- 2 iPhones
- Motorhome 4G Wifi booster & Wifi Range Extender
- Seagate and LaCie backup drives
- Canon G7x Mk II
- Canon 80D
- Rode Video Mic Pro
- DJi Phantom 4 Drone
- Bose Quiet Comfort Noise Canceling Headphones
LINKS & RESOURCES
- Their first episode from 2016
- John's Hopkins University Online classes
- Bright Ideas Press
- Laurel Springs online education
- London College of Art
- I mentioned Whitmore & Time4Learning
FIND THEM ON
Full-on family travel fundamentals. Epic Education Radio is interviews, stories and advice for people who decide to make travel a priority in their family's life...and for those who want to. Tune in each week to hear stories and advice from new traveling families, and hear how they've handled various family travel-related issues like education, socialization, working, budgeting, accommodation, road-parenting, safety, technology and more. We talk gear, websites, apps and other resources for traveling & nomadic families, and answer questions from those who would like to do something similar.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means, at no extra cost to you, we might receive a small commission if you make a purchase or book using those links. My opinions are my own and I only recommend places/services that I believe will genuinely help your travel, whether you're considering family RV travel in Europe with kids or not.