Ep. 56: USDA - Meet One Special Scientist Behind Peanut and Tree Nut Research
In today's episode, we meet Soheila Maleki, Ph.D, a research chemist with the USDA’s Agricultural Research Service in New Orleans. Ms. Maleki's work focuses specifically on peanut and tree nuts. We explore the type of research her lab conducts and how everyone from the peanut farmer to researchers are involved in addressing food allergy in the United States.
To keep you in the know, here are a few links to topics mentioned in the podcast:
- Food Processing and Sensory and Quality Research: New Orleans, LA (USDA)
- Reducing the Development and Severity of Allergy to Peanuts and Tree Nuts (USDA)
- Allergenic Properties of Proteins in Browned Peanuts
- USDA Scientist Named Finalist for Samuel J. Heyman Service to America Medal for Groundbreaking Food Allergy Work
- USDA's Agricultural Research Service Honors Scientists of the Year