AI and the Future of Warfare
In our rapidly changing world, peace is increasingly fragile. The only way to ensure we keep it and foster it around the world is to educate citizens to become its resilient stewards. General Sir Richard Barrons is the former Commander of the UK’s Joint Forces Command, and he joins Azeem Azhar to discuss why the definition of warfare is changing with the development of technology and why our society’s resilience in the face of threats to peace must be founded on education.
In this episode, they also discuss:
- What societal resilience is, and how it can ensure our survival.
- What better leadership looks like in the exponential age.
- The common denominator between conflict and quinoa.
- “How to Stay Informed on the Future of War” (Quartz, Tim Fernholz)
- “The Future of War is Already Here” (New York Times, P. W. Singer, Sep. 18, 2019)