The Social Dilemma
The Social Dilemma is a documentary on Netflix that explains the monetization of social media and the internet. If the product is free for you to use, then you are the product. Billions of dollars is paid by advertisers to social media sites, and the product they deliver to them... is you. Your time, your eyes, your mind, your life.
There is a great warning, a massive dilemma, associated with the internet. On the one hand, there are a great many positives. But on the other side of the screen is a computer whose job is to addict and capture you, to sell you to the highest bidder.
Sadly, many of us have become powerless to resist. Perhaps, as discussed in the episode, artificial intelligence is now able to "Overwhelm Human Weakness." Maybe the phone is so strong that I can't resist it. No matter how much I want to control my moral weaknesses, technology is too strong to resist.
You might say, "But won't God help me overcome?" Great question. Tune in today to hear more about how that works, and what we can do to find much more success in our walk.
- What is The Social Dilemma?"
- Why is social media free? How is money made?
- How will an understanding of the purpose of social media open my eyes to the dangers?
- What would God have us do in order to keep technology from controlling our lives?
- What are the benefits you and I will enjoy if we get a better control on digital habits?