Receiving Is Hard
Giving is powerful. Being a giver makes you better and makes other people better. Giving builds strong relationships. HOWEVER... so does receiving! In fact, where there is a giver, there must be a receiver. And yet, great givers sometimes find it very hard to receive.
There may be some science behind that. Check out 4 observations by Dr. John Amodeo, who has a PHD. in Marital and Family Therapy. You and I must overcome these things if we are to find truly rich, rewarding, fair and growing relationships.
- Why do we sometimes Defend Against Intimacy?
- Why do I have trouble Letting Go of Control?
- Why do I Fear Attached Strings?
- Why do I carry a Negative View of Receiving?
- Am I willing to Express My Needs to someone in my life?