Get Control Over Your Life Through Vulnerability with Brando Eaton
Today I have the pleasure of speaking with Brando Eaton. Brando is an actor, Writer, Producer and Military Tech. You may recognize him from titles such as Zoey 101, Dexter or even American Sniper. Brando is the kind of artist that breaks things down practically with more of a business mentality to find the right tools for the job.
Let’s jump into Brando’s story about how vulnerability can lead to healing and getting control over your own life.
Things you will learn in this episode:
[00:01 – 03:55] Opening Segment
- I welcome and introduce my guest, Brando Eaton, to the show
- Actor on TV and Movies
- Brando gives a bit of background
- Starting in acting as a child, professionally since age 17
- Going with the flow, “this is my career”
[03:56 – 09:31] Getting Good at Rejection
- Brando talks about his experiences going through castings
- Got used to rejection
- Brando shares a story about a casting with Kevin Bacon
- Good training for the business world
- Brando talks about the impact of repetition
- You become more comfortable in your own skin
- Brando talks about his fears
- Nothing irrational
- I talk about the fear of not giving my all
- None of us are perfect out of the womb
- Recognize mistakes and learn from it
[09:32 – 16:31] Using the Right Tools for the Job
- Brando talks about separating real life from acting
- Certain scenarios in acting may correlate to your life
- It can be healthy or unhealthy depending on how you’re affected
- Getting into acting with a more business orientated mind
- Using certain tools to get the job done
- Do the homework first then let loose
- Brando shares how to overcome disagreeing with a character’s response
- The writers wrote this for a reason
- Use whatever you need to get the job done
- Save the energy where you can
[16:32 – 26:09] Getting Control Over Your Life
- Brando’s family life growing up
- No father figure
- Self taught
- Let go of the things outside your control and take control of the things you can
- Your past should not be running your life, get on the saddle and get it done
- Brando gives advice about what steps to use to work through things
- Break it down and dissect it
- Brando gives an example with his own life
- Step outside yourself and look in
- Once it’s broken down talk to someone about it to get a different perspective
- The importance of vulnerability
- It takes healing to do it genuinely
- If your walls are to thick, you’re pushing away the good people and keeping around the ones that don’t care about the real you
- It takes away people’s power over you
- At the end of the day all we have is ourselves
[26:10 – 39:15] Shifting the Political Landscape
- Brando talks about how the political landscape is being affected by our differences
- We’ve gone from pitting ideas to war
- We need to move away from aggression and towards debate
- Staying away from surface level politics
- We talk about the possibility of moving toward libertarianism
- It’s easier to control two parties than multiple
- I put things into perspective from an entrepreneurial stand-point
- There’s a lot more going on underneath the surface
- Brando talks about the trajectory of the moving film industry
- It might die out
- Hollywood is making less money and becoming more about pushing an agenda
- The focus isn’t about making a good product anymore
[39:16 – 47:49] Closing Segment
- If you are put on a world stage and have 5 minutes to talk to people to remember you by what would you say?
- Never be afraid of the truth – don’t try to bury the truth
- Be a seeker of truth
- If you could ask anyone in the world something, who and what?
- How were the pyramids made? Uncovering a mystery we may never know
- What’s next for you?
- Recently aired Psycho Sister-in-Law
- Auditions picking back up a little bit
- Partial owner of a military tech company
- Providing new cooling technology
- Creating water from atmospheric pressure
- How can people follow you, support you, and connect with you?
- See below for social links.
- Final words from Brando and me
“Having certain opportunities arise that you don’t take advantage of, or certain doors that you don’t step through; that’s a mistake I’ve made many times in my life… I guess it’s a little bit of a regret or maybe just part of the growing process.” – Brando Eaton
“We all have different circumstances… Get past the things that are outside of your control.” – Brando Eaton
“I think being able to be vulnerable is huge, I think it’s very important. Because if you’re generally able to do it, it’s healing; you’re at a place where, ‘I don’t need to hide.’” – Brando Eaton
To know more, you can connect with me on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter or visit my website https://ephraimglick.com/. I’m offering a FREE 30-minute consultation for people who reach out to me.
I want to know more about you!
LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to overcome fears and obstacles by sharing this episode or click here to listen to more episodes.