Jean Freeman Brings A Bull Shark’s Resourcefulness to the Business World
Starting a small business is a magical, and harrowing experience; and doing so with your family adds to the stress. Luckily, that isn’t a problem for Zambezi Principal and CEO, Jean Freeman. She’s found a way to work with family by clearly defining roles so as to not step on each other’s toes, and ensure that you’re aligned in your definition of what success means for your business. Jean also explains the power of being self aware and how it can help you learn to focus on your strengths and delegate your weaknesses. Tune in to learn more about taking small bites, how the sheer will to persevere will carry you through, and why giving back is important.
- [00:00:00] Zambezi: The Bull Shark of Business
- [00:05:46] Decomplexifying Working with the Family
- [00:11:30] Defined Roles and Alignment In Success
- [00:18:20] The Bathroom Floor & Eating an Elephant
- [00:27:16] The Power of Being Self Aware
- [00:33:19] Small Bites, Sheer Will, and Giving Back