Ep. 268 Death Nesting: Bringing Together Ancient and Modern Death Care with Anne-Marie Keppel
Learn how to utilize ancient techniques in caring for the dying in this modern world.
My guest Anne-Marie Keppel is a death doula and home funeral guide who will share with us some of the ancient techniques of death care that she utilizes in her work as a community death care provider. She is the author of the books Death Nesting: Ancient & Modern Death Doula Techniques, Mindfulness Practices and Herbal Care and The Death of Faefolk, a book for teens. Learn more at her website:
- How Anne-Marie became interested in being a death doula
- The two doula paths: ancient and modern and why we need both
- How to create a “death nest” for a dying loved one
- The use of herbs in doula practice
- Creative tips for helping children deal with death
- Suggestions for “moving with grief”
- Why death doula training for teenagers is a good idea
- How to use the book Death Nesting as a resource
- View the cover of my next book (The Journey from Ego to Soul) here
- Get Anne-Marie’s book Death Nesting here (Commission link*)
- Read Yes! Magazine article on death doulas by Dr. Cynthia Greenlee here
- Books by Victoria Sweet: God’s Hotel and Slow Medicine (Commission links*)
- Community Deathcare Training with LaShanna Williams: www.asacredpassing.org
- Find Death Doula Training for Teens here
- Subscribe to this podcast on Apple, Google, Spotify, iHeart Radio, Stitcher Radio
- Check out the Series I’ve recorded in the past here
- Join the team at Patreon.com/eolu and get access to the EOLU mug: “Mind if we talk about death?” (only Patrons can purchase it). PLUS get our new bonuses: the monthly EOL News Update, movie reviews from 2 Doctors and a Movie, and automatic access to A Year of Reading Dangerously!
If you enjoy this content please share it with others and consider leaving a review on iTunes! Thanks again to all supporters on my page at Patreon.com/eolu! Your contributions make all the difference!