Episode 146 - Handling Adversity, Setbacks and Constant Change in eCommerce with Ken Kline of VHC Brands
Few eComm and wholesale businesses reach the heights that VHC Brands has reached under the leadership of Ken Kline. You’ve maybe seen their home decor products in big retailers like Home Depot, Bed Bath and Beyond or online at Wayfair, Amazon and many more.
Also, few eComm businesses have faced the setbacks that Ken and team have faced. From a fire that completely destroyed their inventory in the mid 2000s to COVID wrecking their in-store retail plans in 2020 - they’ve faced some crazy times and come out stronger.
Here’s a look at what we cover.
- Why over communicating is the secret to vendor, investor and employee relationships.
- How they overcame a warehouse fire that likely would have destroyed most businesses (Plus the story of Ken’s Winston Churchill painting that miraculously survived the fire).
- How to relay your road map to your team, make adjustments and celebrate along the way (even when things are bleak).
- How to take initiative to help your retail partners in selling more of your stuff.
- How to inspire and empower your team when challenging times hit.