Episode 138 - The Integrated YouTube Influencer Strategy Ridge Wallets Used to Build a $60 Million eCommerce Business with Sean Frank
There are two different types of sponsored YouTube influencer videos:
- An integrated sponsored video and
- Stand-alone sponsored video.
Stand-alone sponsored influencer videos are what most brands use and what most people think of when they hear “YouTube influencer marketing.” Stand-alone videos are typically an influencer providing a quick review or endorsement about a particular product. So the video is titled “Widget 12 Pro Unboxing and review.”
An integrated sponsored influencer videos is an ad put inside of video on a separate topic. The video might be about fortnite or camping, or whatever, but inside the video is a 30 second ad, read by the creator, for your product. These integrated video ads are Ridge Wallets secret sauce.
Here’s a quick look at what we uncover on the show:
- Why integrated sponsored videos are so great and why they scale better than stand alone influencer videos.
- How to approach influencers
- Why subscribers on YouTube is largely a vanity metric
- How to spot a dead channel vs. an active channel
- How to measure the impact of your influencer videos
- What to pay influencers and how to think about CPMs (cost per thousand)
- How to achieve scale in your outreach and deployment of influencer videos
- Plus more!