Episode 135 - Balancing Growth on Amazon & Your Own Store - Peter Awad of Mission Meats
Mission meats is just a few years old, but it’s gobbling up market share in the red-hot meat snack category. Peter Awad is a long time eCommerce pro. He started selling auto parts on eBay in 2000. Now he and his co-founder Nick have built a meat snack store with a mission. They’re using profits from eCommerce to help fight deforestation, educate children in Africa, and support homeless women and children.
But they don’t just have big hearts, they have some serious marketing chops too.
In this episode, we explore the challenges and opportunities of marketing a product that could literally appeal to anyone. We also explore how to maintain the balancing act of growing your own store AND growing on Amazon.
- How to treat Amazon from a merchandising perspective.
- Prospecting for new customers - Is this and Amazon first or Shopify first strategy
- How to increase repeat purchases in a fun way
- How pride or ego can limit growth with any paid ad channel
- Crazy CRO tests and the practice of asking “what if the opposite were true?”
- Important mindset issues that help fuel successful entrepreneurs