Episode 134 - Navigating Volatility with FB Ads and Turning Problems Into Opportunities with Molly Pittman & John Grimshaw
CPAs that suddenly double overnight. Skyrocketing CPMs. Winning ads that suddenly turn into losers. Data changes that impact how ads are being run now. The list of potential issues, potholes, loopholes, and blackholes for online advertising goes on and on. So what’s an eComm store owner or media buyer to do? Call in Molly Pittman and John Grimshaw from Smart Marketer. These are two of my favorite people to interview and today I have them both with me for the same episode. And it’s a doozy. Here’s a look at what we cover:
- How to have the right mindset for navigating volatility (this is more important than you think)
- What to do when ad performance tanks
- Where you should tinker to improve performance and where you shouldn’t
- Why this is still the greatest time in history to be a marketer - volatility and all.
- 3 Spot checks to make sure you are ready to scale traffic
- The impact of the California Consumer Privacy Act and new changes coming to iOS 14….the good, the bad, and the scary.