Episode 040: Cathy Morfopoulos – Marijuana and the Marijuana Industry in CA and in Glendale
The topic of legal marijuana has been a heated one for years. Both sides make emotional cases but what is really needed is factual information, without the emotions mixed in. In this episode Cathy is going to try to provide that for you so you can understand this much better than you ever have before. Today we’ll get to hear about:
- How a presentation by the California Director of the Public Health Department inspired Cathy to get involved.
- What’s different about today’s marijuana and why it can’t be compared to the pot of the 60s and 70s.
- What the marijuana industry is like in reality as compared to how it was presented prior to the vote on the recent law.
- How the law gives the cities the right to choose whether or not to allow pot stores within their city.
- What should occur before having pot stores in Glendale.
- How to get involved if you want to.
Resources discussed in this podcast:
“Marijuana and Tobacco Use” – informational brochure from the CA Dept of Public Health
“Marijuana and the Young Brain” – informational flyer from the CLEAR Alliance
“Marijuana: Facts Parents Need to Know” – informational booklet/PDF from the National Institutes of Health/National Institute on Drug Abuse
Foundation for a Drug-Free World website
Cathy Morfopoulos email: CathyMorf1@gmail.com