Created with Sketch.
60 minutes | 2 days ago
97. As One Coup Ends, Another Begins: Trump Gives Up as Biden Staffs His Cabinet
As Trump's GSA green-lights the transition process, Biden staffs his cabinet. We discuss all of this, and how to cook a turkey.
60 minutes | 10 days ago
96. w/Joe Brunoli - Did Biden's Republican-Lite Campaign Doom Down-Ballot Democrats?
Joe Brunoli joins us to discuss how Biden's outreach to Republicans is to blame for Democrats' underperformance in down-ballot races
50 minutes | 19 days ago
95. Election Recap: Why Trump Failed, Why it Was Close, and Why Liberals Have it Wrong Again
We recap the results of the 2020 presidential election.
76 minutes | a month ago
94. Election Preview & Predictions: Blue Pill and Red Pill Versions
We preview Tuesday's presidential election and give our predictions, both for how the math will play out, and what the aftermath will look like.
76 minutes | a month ago
93. w/Allen Howell - Chomsky, Biden, and How to Ensure the Lesser-Evil Debate Never Happens Again
Allen Howell, host of the Howell Underground and the Revolution or Bust podcast, returns to discuss Noam Chomsky's latest arguments for Biden, and how to build a confident unbending Left in the coming years.
38 minutes | a month ago
92. w/Jon Walker - Did Democrats Miss Their Last Best Chance to Save Obamacare?
Jon Walker, freelance journalist and author, discusses his piece in American Prospect about how Democrats could have saved the ACA from the looming SCOTUS lawsuit by repealing the individual mandate altogether.
53 minutes | a month ago
91. w/River Page - Unpacking Liberals' Contempt for Poor "White Trash"
River Page, contributing editor of Twink Revolution, discusses his recent article entitled "Why Liberals Hate Poor White Trash." support the show: patreon.com/duedissidence Visit our website at https://duedissidence.com/ Read River Page's Article: https://twinkrev.com/2020/08/why-liberals-hate-poor-white-trash/
49 minutes | 2 months ago
90. w/Sam Pizzigati - Concentrated Wealth: The Real Threat to Democracy
Sam Pizzigati, co-editor of Inequality.org and author of various books including "The Case for a Maximum Wage" and "The Rich Don't Always Win," discusses his latest article in Common Dreams which asserts that concentrated wealth is the threat to democracy that no one's talking about.
50 minutes | 2 months ago
89. Joe Versus The Volcano: Debate Recap
We recap the first presidential debate between Biden and Trump, and forecast the end of the American empire.
58 minutes | 2 months ago
88. The Pancake Breakfast Court: From RBG to ACB, & the Collapse of the Liberal Ideal
As Trump nominates Amy Coney Barrett to Replace Ruth Bader Ginsburg, the liberal ideal of a multicultural capitalist utopia is undone. support the show: patreon.com/duedissidence YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC743NEuMiqYOaUHO4oPhI2Q
51 minutes | 2 months ago
87. Despera-cito: How and Why MSNBC Blames the Left for Biden's Latino Problem
Why corporate media insists on blaming the Left for Biden's struggles with Latino voters, and how they spin their narrative accordingly.
59 minutes | 3 months ago
86. Biden's Most Toxic Endorsement: Rick Snyder, Poisoner of Flint
We discuss the unconscionable decision by the Biden campaign to tout the endorsement of former Michigan governor, and poisoner of Flint, Rick Snyder.
80 minutes | 3 months ago
85. As the General Election Kicks Off, Is Biden's Suburban Strategy Backfiring?
Democrats went all in on the affluent suburbanite vote in 2020. As the general election season officially begins, we discuss how this strategy may be about to backfire.
50 minutes | 3 months ago
84. w/Carol Ehrle - The People's Convention: Movement for a People's Party is Ready for its Close-up
Carol Ehrle, media coordinator for the Movement for a People's Party, previews the People's Convention, their public rollout featuring Nina Turner, Cornel West, Marianne Williamson, and others. RSVP to the People's Convention at https://peoplesconvention.org/
85 minutes | 3 months ago
83. w/Allen Howell - Voting vs. Direct Action: Building Left Power Amidst a Hopeless Election
Allen Howell returns to the show to talk electoral strategies vs. direct action campaigns, how progressives should vote in 2020, and how to keep hope alive amidst a hopeless election.
50 minutes | 3 months ago
82. w/Jim Langford - Meet One of Bernie's Delegates Voting 'No' on the DNC Platform
Jim Langford is a delegate from the Bernie Sanders campaign to the 2020 convention. he explains his life experiences with the US and European healthcare systems, how they informed his support for M4A, and why he's voting 'No' on the DNC platform. Support the show at https://www.patreon.com/duedissidence Check out our website: www.duedissidence.com
63 minutes | 4 months ago
81. Down-Ballot Leftists Bushwhack the Establishment
The August 4 primaries were a major victory for down-ballot leftists and a much-needed lift for the progressive movement. We discuss the victories of Cori Bush and Rashida Tlaib, and much more.
51 minutes | 4 months ago
80. w/Dana Bol & Margarite Pastor - When Counter-Protesters Attacked a Black Lives Matter March
A peaceful Black Lives Matter March was planned for July 18 in Pleasant Valley, NY. Instead, violence and chaos ensued at the hands of hostile counter-protesters, and the police did next to nothing to stop it. Margarite Pastor and Dana Bol were peacekeepers at the rally, and they join us to discuss what took place that afternoon.
61 minutes | 4 months ago
79. w/Cristin Sauter - Universalism vs Liberalism, Democracy vs Capitalism
Cristin Sauter, PhD student at Adelphi University, returns to the show to discuss her new project on political attitude development, social work and policing, and much more.
56 minutes | 4 months ago
78. The Trump Implosion, The Lincoln Project, and the Neocon GOP Takeover of the Democratic Party
As Trump implodes, liberals are rolling out the red carpet for Bush era neocon Republicans. We discuss what this means for the Democratic coalition moving forward, and whether the Left has a place in it.
Terms of Service
© Stitcher 2020