git mv master main
GitHub's renaming master branch to main. Chris and Josey discuss the choice, other potentially charged terms in the IT world, the history of the words, and explore options.
- Why change the core branch name?
- What implications does this have on the IT world?
- Is it too far, not far enough?
- Is there something to be learned from this?
MUSIC FROM THE CCMIXTER COMMUNITY
Snazzy Intro: On Top of the World by texasradiofish (c) copyright 2015 Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial (3.0) license. http://dig.ccmixter.org/files/texasradiofish/50478 Ft: John Fletcher, Patricia Edwards, ElRon XChile, Speck, alexplaysguitar
Live Show Starting Soon: cdk - Sunday by Analog By Nature (c) copyright 2016 Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution (3.0) license. http://dig.ccmixter.org/files/cdk/53755
Live Show Outro: ＭＩＬＬＥＮＮＩＡＬＳ by Analog By Nature (c) copyright 2018 Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution (3.0) license. http://dig.ccmixter.org/files/cdk/57150
- GitHub to replace "master" with alternative term to avoid slavery references | ZDNet
- bitkeeper/HOWTO.ask at master · bitkeeper-scm/bitkeeper
- Re: Replacing "master" reference in git branch names (was Re: Proposal:
- Terminology, Power and Oppressive Language
- Easily rename your Git default branch from master to main - Scott Hanselman
- Why You Get Spooked From 4th Wall Breaks | Psych of Play - YouTube
- Would You Rather be “Correct" or Creative? | Psych of Play - YouTube