Confessions Of An Agency Search Consultant
Unlike being a lawyer, doctor, or engineer, there are few if any qualifications to run a marketing agency.
As an agency owner, this means that while you can forge your own path, there a ton of low-grade competition creating a lot of noise (although perhaps less so in the coming months).
As a brand marketer, selecting outside marketing help can be a lot like a rainforest expedition where it really helps to have a scout.
Enter the agency search consultant…
Today’s guest is John Bertino, Founder and CEO of The Agency Guy, or TAG for short, a marketing consultancy focused on providing brands unbiased advice and vetted agency recommendations. With a foundation as an earned media specialist, John has expertise in content marketing, link acquisition, technical SEO, thought leadership and lead generation.
What you will learn:
- Trends: where marketing dollars are moving in Q2, 2020.
- The situation ‘on the ground’ when CMOs reach out for search help.
- The rarest/most-in-demand agency skillsets.
- How TAG determines which agency is right for a given situation.
- What defines the agencies TAG keeps in its roster.
- How to structure fruitful strategic partnerships.
Thanks to our sponsor:
Cloudways is a managed cloud hosting platform that is loved by agencies around the world. With Cloudways, agencies can focus on growing their clients while Cloudways takes care of all hosting-related complexities.
Visit cloudways.com and use the promo code DAN25 to receive 25% OFF for 3 months on the hosting plan of your choice.