How To Leave A Lifeprint
In this episode of Delusional Optimism, Dr. B shares the meaning behind the phrase “leave a lifeprint.” She shares personal stories of how she has created lifeprints and offers powerful words of wisdom regarding resiliency, acts of kindness, altruism, and healing childhood trauma.
You can’t fix trauma with resiliency. Learning to engage in the lifeprints and connections we make in life is the key to healing and building resiliency. Listen in to learn how you can build resiliency by focusing on the small stuff.
“You don’t have to know how you impact somebody else, what’s important to know is that you do with your life things that impact other people’s lives in a loving, caring, kind, and contributive way.” - Dr. B [5:02]
What You Will Learn:
- [0:32] Intro
- [1:01] What does “leave a lifeprint” mean? + The impacts of two reality mortality events in Dr. B’s life
- [4:15] Being conscious of the lifeprints you leave behind + Accepting that we can’t always know or see the impacts of our lifeprints
- [6:30] A personal story about lifeprints created during Dr. B’s trip to Kenya
- [12:15] It’s the small acts of kindness that builds resiliency.
- [13:32] Altruism is health food for all of us.
- [14:13] People often struggle with the unknown… You must invest in resiliency for the long term.
- [15:45] Resilience isn’t taught or given to people + The results of too much trauma in childhood
- [16:59] Depth and long-term investment is required to build a resilient society.
- [17:58] Takeaways from the phrase “leave a lifeprint”
- [20:26] Positively impacting others during covid-19
- [21:21] Common regrets of those on their deathbeds + The most important parts of life
- [22:13] We must train our brains to engage in the lifeprints and the connections we make.
- [23:19] Outro
Now go leave a lifeprint!
Email Dr. B: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit her website: www.drbconnections.com
Connect with her on Facebook: www.facebook.com/dr.bconnections
Follow her on Instagram: www.instagram.com/dr.beasley
This show is published and produced by the team at Truth Work Media. Truth Work Media creates podcasts and develops content for businesses and clients of all sizes. Truth Work Media helps tell your business's story, and brand your message in an engaging way. Check them out at www.truthworkmedia.com