Episode 10: The Heroism of “The Cave”
Besieged civilians in war-torn Syria find hope and safety underground inside the subterranean hospital known as the Cave. Pediatrician and managing physician Dr. Amani Ballour has claimed her right to work as an equal alongside her male counterparts, doing her job in a way that would be unthinkable in the oppressively patriarchal culture that exists above. Joining host Stacey Wilson Hunt for a powerful conversation are both the subject of “The Cave,” Dr. Amani, and producer Sigrid Dyekjær.
For more information on “The Cave” and all of National Geographic’s 2020 Emmy® eligible programs, visit www.natgeotv.com/fyc.
For Your Emmy® Consideration for:
- Exceptional Merit in Documentary Filmmaking
- Outstanding Directing for a Documentary/Nonfiction Program — Feras Fayyad
- Outstanding Picture Editing for a Nonfiction Program
- Outstanding Sound Editing and Sound Mixing for a Nonfiction or Reality Program (Single or Multi-Camera)
- And all other eligible categories
NOTE: This podcast was pre-recorded before the civil unrest and social justice reform movement taking place now in our country.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.