Created with Sketch.
Commissioner Steve Brown
15 minutes | Sep 14, 2019
E8 What Happened?
• What stuffed up the assessment calendar • Repeating conflicting information • Communication problems • Current market growth
16 minutes | Sep 7, 2019
E7 What does cheese have to do with the recall?
• My dad's advice • Jim Johnston's deal or not • Manufactured stories • Appealing to the District Court • My insurance agency...that I don't own • Home values are going up a lot • The actual factual deadline for appeals
4 minutes | Sep 3, 2019
E6 Guess what? I got trolls!
• What's a troll? Well, I'll tell you because I have my very own. • Line of authorization in the taxation process
4 minutes | Aug 31, 2019
E5 Who's in charge down there anyway?
Who's in charge at the county? The answer is not what you might think it is. • Do the commissioners have authority over the sheriff? • Why the lies? • What's my only asset?
4 minutes | Aug 29, 2019
E4 Help! I need your input.
• Problems with complex issues in short soundbites • Drawbacks of social media • Comment volume bots • def-con 4
18 minutes | Jun 29, 2019
E3 Higher Expectations
• Press release from the Bannock County Commissioners regarding the Assessor's valuations • Offending elected officials and why they missed the point • A note from my dad • Holding our government and the people that represent us to a higher standard • Tearing down the old way of doing business and challenging politicians to push outside their political safe zone to do better
1 minutes | May 29, 2019
E2: Memorial Day - Commissioner Steve Brown
There's something special about helping your family experience the real purpose of memorial day. We honored Julia's grandpa for his service during WWII
1 minutes | May 29, 2019
E1: Here's the deal! Commissioner Steve Brown
Here's the deal: I have been helping people get elected for the last 25 years. I've been telling other politicians what to do for a long time. The day came for me to prove what I was dispensing wasn't just garbage. Time to put up or shut up. Gov. Otter appointed me and I was sworn in as a Bannock County Commissioner on 12/27/2017. And guess what? We can change the way government works. It's hard...really hard. But it's doable! And we're doing it. This will be where I report back to you my successes and, yes, even my failures. I put up a sign in my office above my printer as a reminder: "The time where we accomplish the mediocre and slap ourselves on the back for a job well done is over. The status quo is dead!" It's time to be better.
Terms of Service
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
© Stitcher 2021