498: Creating Management Structure, with Bonni Stachowiak
Bonni Stachowiak is the host of the Teaching in Higher Ed podcast, a professor of business and management at Vanguard University, and my life partner. Prior to her academic career, Bonni was a human resources consultant and executive officer for a publicly traded company. She is the author of The Productive Online and Offline Professor: A Practical Guide*.Listener Questions
- Rajat asked us about the best ways to create management structures in his organization.
- Cathy wondered how we let things go in moments of personal frustration.
- Janet asked advice for forming and sustaining business partnership and alliances.
- Leadership and Self-Deception: Getting Out of the Box* by The Arbinger Institute
- Scaling Up: How a Few Companies Make It…and Why the Rest Don’t* by Verne Harnish
- Traction: Get a Grip on Your Business* by Gino Wickman
- Clockwork: Design Your Business to Run Itself* by Mike Michalowicz
- Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap…And Others Don’t* by Jim Collins
- Three Keys to Effective Business Alliances, with Aaron Kent (episode 162)
- How to Create Team Guidelines, with Susan Gerke (episode 192)
- The Truth and Lies of Performance Management, with Michael Bungay Stanier (episode 361)
- Performance Measurement That Gets Results, with Stacey Barr (episode 419)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.