496: How to Generate Quick Wins, with Andy Kaufman
Andy is a keynote speaker and author on leadership and project management. He’s President of the Institute for Leadership Excellence & Development and works with organizations around the world, helping them improve their ability to deliver projects & lead teams. He’s also a certified Project Management Professional (PMP®) and a member of the Project Management Institute (PMI®).
Andy is author of Navigating the Winds of Change: Staying on Course in Business & in Life, Shining the Light on The Secret and an e-book entitled How to Organize Your Inbox & Get Rid of E-Mail Clutter and he’s the host of the People and Projects Podcast.Key Points
- Change is inevitable — and should not be viewed as the enemy.
- Often, our training and education tends to lead us towards not thinking in the terms of quick wins.
- Agile is about incremental delivery.
- Frequency is valued. Our bias should be towards shorter intervals.
- Quick wins ultimately help you generate much faster feedback, leading to future steps.
- People and Projects Podcast by Andy Kaufman
- How to Succeed with Leadership and Management, with John Kotter (episode 249)
- The Path of Humble Leadership, with Edgar Schein and Peter Schein (episode 363)
- How to Pivot Quickly, with Steve Blank (episode 476)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.