494: Embracing Management and Empathy, with Bonni Stachowiak
Bonni Stachowiak is the host of the Teaching in Higher Ed podcast, a professor of business and management at Vanguard University, and my life partner. Prior to her academic career, Bonni was a human resources consultant and executive officer for a publicly traded company. She is the author of The Productive Online and Offline Professor: A Practical Guide*.Listener Questions
- Liz wondered how a manager can empathize with an employee while continuing to uphold the businesses needs.
- Chris asked about fostering innovation while maintaining business efficiency.
- Colette wanted to know what activity was most helpful for us to decide the next direction of our careers.
- Dave and Bonni asked each other about what is giving life right now, and what is taking life away.
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People* by Stephen Covey
- Design Thinking Methods: Affinity Diagrams by Matthew Weprin
- How to Lead Part-Time Staff, with Chris Deferio (episode 289)
- How to Work With an Executive Recruiter, with Becky deSouza (episode 406)
- How to Build an Invincible Company, with Alex Osterwalder (episode 470)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.