CCL Training: Engaging Your Chamber of Commerce Training
Given the recent major policy shift by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce in support of market-based approaches to accelerate greenhouse gas emissions reductions that may include a carbon tax, Kyle Kammien CCL Senior Business Relations Representative and Greg Hamra CCL Miami Group Leader, and LEED for All Creator provide a training to help you prepare for your own chamber outreach. Join to learn how to leverage these connections (including a local Chamber of Commerce Press Release Template (English/Spanish .docx) with your own member of Congress and community.
Skip ahead to the following section(s):
- (0:00) Intro & Agenda
- (2:38) Background & What Are Chambers?
- (4:06) The Chamber's Updated Position on Climate Change
- (9:04) How Do I Engage My Chapter?
- (13:18) What Should I Ask My Chamber?
- (16:48) Press Release & Messaging Recommendations
- (20:00) Additional Support Resources
- The updated recording has been archived as well in the Engaging Your Chamber of Commerce training page.
- This Training's Presentation Slides
- Sample Local Outreach Presentation (Tompkins County, NY)
- Local Chamber Outreach Emails Discussion (NC Asheville)
- Grasstops Engagement Action Team
- Business Climate Leaders Action Team